Our trip to the…
Marine Discovery Centre
This guest post is written by Molly (2KJ) and Jordi (2KM).
Today we went to the Marine Discovery Centre! The Marine Discovery Centre is in Queenscliff, which is about 15 minutes from our school. It is a great place to visit to learn about marine life and how to care for the sea creatures. We had great fun and learnt lots of interesting facts!
We got on the bus at 10.00am. We spent an hour and a half at the MDC and got back at school at 12.30pm. We went to the Marine Discovery Centre because we are learning about the sea this term.
Some of the things we did were:
- Met the leaders, Anne and Jess.
- Held the creatures in the “feel and touch” pool.
- Watched Alan, who works at the Marine Discovery Centre, feed the animals.
- Watched the huge lobster in the tank.
- Made a rock pool.
- Explored the different fish and marine animals in the many tanks.
- Saw flathead fish come out and dig them selves up again.
- Saw one of our favourite fish, the pufferfish.
We hope you enjoy the slideshow we made…
We had great fun at the Marine Discover Centre! A big thank you to Anne and Jess, who taught us so many new things!
What do you like about this guest post?
Have you ever been the Marine Discovery Centre? What did you enjoy?
What is your favourite marine animal? Why?