2KJ and 2KM are so excited to be involved in a special Flat Stanley project with our friends, B4 and B3, in New Zealand!
Flat Stanley is a book written by Jeff Brown in 1964. It is about the adventures of Stanley Lambchop, a young boy who is flattened by a bulletin board in his sleep. Everyone in 2KJ and 2KM loved hearing about the fun Stanley had.
Over the holidays, Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan contacted Mrs McKenzie, who teaches B4 in Reefton, NZ, and set up the project. The class next door to B4 is B3 with Mrs Webb, and they were keen to get involved too.
Here’s what the Flat Stanley project involves:
* 2KJ, 2KM, B4 and B3 all read the book Flat Stanley, by Jeff Brown.
* We skyped with our friends in New Zealand last week to launch the project.
* Students from all four classes made their own Flat Stanley figures, but called them after themselves! (eg, Jarrod made a Flat Jarrod). They wrote a few sentences about themselves on the back.
* We will send our figures to New Zealand and they will send theirs to us!
* Each student will receive a flat person figure from New Zealand to look after. We will be writing diaries to show what the different flat people get up to in Australia before we send them back home to New Zealand.
* We will skype again with B4 and B3 in a couple of weeks to share the adventures the flat people had in Australia and New Zealand!
Here are some 2KJ and 2KM students with the flat people they made…
We can’t wait to meet the flat people from New Zealand!
What do you think of our Flat Stanley project?
Have you been involved in a project like this before?
Have you read the Flat Stanley books?
What do you think the Flat Stanley figures will get up to in Australia?