2KM and 2KJ did a Flat Stanley project with Mrs McKenzie, B4 and B3 during February and March.
Flat Stanley is a book written by Jeff Brown in 1964. It is about the adventures of Stanley Lambchop, a young boy who is flattened by a bulletin board in his sleep. Everyone in 2KM and 2KJ loved hearing about the fun Stanley had.
Here’s what the Flat Stanley project involved:
* 2KJ, 2KM, B4 and B3 all read the book Flat Stanley, by Jeff Brown.
* We skyped with our friends in New Zealand to launch the project.
* Students from all four classes made their own Flat Stanley figures, but called them after themselves! (eg, Jarrod made a Flat Jarrod). They wrote a few sentences to introduce themselves.
* We sent our figures to New Zealand and they sent theirs to us!
* Each student received a flat person figure from New Zealand to look after. They wrote diaries to show what the different flat people got up to in Australia and then we sent them back home to New Zealand. B4 and B3 did the same in New Zealand with our flat people.
* Students in 2KM, 2KJ, B4 and B3 read about the adventures their flat peope had!
Here’s some 2KM and 2KJ students with the flat people they made.
We were very excited when the New Zealand flat people arrived! We each chose a person to look after at home for a week. Here are some students with their new flat friends.
While in Australia, the New Zealand flat people had lots of fun adventures. Check out the slideshows below!
We loved showing the New Zealand flat people around Leopold, Geelong and the surrounding areas!