Blog Guidelines

guidelines1

guidelines2

guidelines3

*************

Note for teachers: if you are going to use our blogging guidelines, please acknowledge the source and link back to our site 😆

19 thoughts on “Blog Guidelines

1. Hi Miss Morris and Miss Jordan,

I am starting a blog with prep students this year. I am completely new to blogging but really looking forward to getting involved. I am really impressed by your blog. Well done to all involved. Please could I relicate your blogging guidelines on my blog. I will of course acknowledge and link to your blog.

Many Thanks,
    Sinead Caulfield

• Hi Sinead,

That’s fine and thank you for asking. Good luck with blogging with your preps this year. I’m sure they’re going to love it!

Kathleen Morris

2. Hello Ms Morris,
    I’ve been interested in setting up a class blog since late last year and I came across your class blog during my research. Your class blog is ABSOLUTELY wonderful and terrific!
    I’m teaching year 2 this year and would like to start our class blog. I am not very tech savvy 🙂 but your class blog has inspired me to learn more about blogging and web 2.0 tool.
    Would it be alright if I replicate your blog guidelines on our class blog? I will of course acknowledge it.
    My class will look forward to follow your class blog this year and learn from you.

Thanks
    Irene

• Hello Irene,

Thanks for your comment and your lovely compliments!

Good on you for giving blogging a go. Yes, feel free to use the guidelines and thank you for asking.

In 2011, Miss Jordan and I are moving to grade four. Our new blog will be 4kmand4kj.global2.vic.edu.au (we are still on summer holidays so we haven’t started posting yet).

Best wishes,
      Kathleen MOrris

3. Hi Kathleen,

I was just wondering if I could please replicate your blogging guidelines for my new class blog in 2012. Acknowledgement will be provided on the blog!

Thanking you,

Fiona Tonissen

4. Hi Kathleen
    I keep working on my blog and wondering what others are doing. Having the guidelines posted on the website is a good reference for parents and kids alike, and I must confess I keep coming back to your website to see how you have set yours up. I have worded my guidelines differently but I have based the points on yours and will make sure that is acknowledged on the page.
    Thanks for all your help!
    Kate

• Hi Kate,

Good luck in 2012 and thanks for the comment. I’m so glad you enjoy our blog. We’re moving to grade four this year and our new blog will be 4kmand4kj.global2.vic.edu.au

Kathleen

5. Dear Mrs. Morris,

Hi, I’m a student from Mr.Avery’s Class. I just want to thank you for sending us the Vegemite. I thought it had a strong, salty taste and I liked it! It definitely made our day exciting. Thanks again have a great school!

Sincerely,
    Taite B.

• Dear Taite,

Thank you so much for writing on our blog. I’m so glad you enjoyed the Vegemite and it made your day exciting. I hope one day you can travel to Australia and try lots of new things!

Your blogging buddy,
      Mrs Morris

6. Hi Kathleen and Kelly,

I was passed on your blog details from a fellow teacher and are absolutely amazed at the work you have put in. How do you ever find the time?

I have decided I will be blogging this year and would like to use and source your blog guidelines. I also would like to add your blog as a link. Do you mind if I do this

I have been reading some of your posts and delighted to see what your students are doing. The post about your student who had a response back from her favourite author was beautiful! I will be showing this to my principal when school starts again to sell the benefits of blogging.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading your blog.

Many Thanks

Natalie

7. Thanks for a great reference for blogging. Am hoping to build a learning blog with my grade 6 students this year and I’m sure I will be back often to get some fantastic inspiration. Just wondering if I could use and adapt the guidelines you have on your class blog. TIA

8. Hello Mr and Mr’s Jordan, just wanted to visit your site and say hello. Its great what you are doing with blogging. The kids there in Australia really lucky to be learning from your techniques, so with that said, thank you kindly and best wishes in the future.

9. Hi Kathleen,

I’ve decided to start up a Grade 2 class blog this year and would love to use your guidleines. I will site the source. Do you have any other good tips as this is my first time blogging and feel as thogh I’m a fish out of water!!!

Thanks Neesha

10. Hello Kathleen,
    I have just added the link of your blogging guidelines on my blog but I am not sure I did it properly.
    Thanks,
    Simten