About Leopold

Leopold is in Australia …

world map

In the state of Victoria …

australia

Near the city of Geelong …

leopold map

About Leopold

Location

Leopold is on the Bellarine Peninsula. It is 86km south west of Melbourne and is a suburb of Geelong.

Leopold  is ten minutes drive from many beaches.

Schools

Leopold Primary School is the only school in Leopold. There are two kindergartens.

Population

There are nearly 10,000 people living in Leopold.

Around 15 percent of people living in Leopold were born outside Australia.

Around six percent of people living in Leopold speak a language other than English at home.

Climate

In summer (January), Leopold’s average minimum temperature is 14.7 degrees Celsius, and the average maximum is 22.5.

In winter (July) average temperatures range from a minimum of 6.7 Celsius to a maximum of 12.8.

The town’s average annual rainfall is 601.3mm.

Shopping

Leopold has a small range of shops such as Coles supermarket, a post office, a newsagent, take away food, chemists and more.

Recreation

Leopold has clubs for AFL football, tennis, cricket , netball and a range of other sports.

The Bellarine Rail Trail goes through Leopold and is a great place to walk, run or ride.

Gateway Sanctuary is a nice place to visit in Leopold with a lake, playground and lots of wildlife.

Some facts taken from this website.

One thought on “About Leopold

1. Hi,

My name’s Andrea and I work for an educational game site for kids.   Our Site offers a wide variety of online educational games and activities for kids, which stimulate their senses and add to their knowledge, and at the same time, make learning a fun activity. Some of the games categories include Math Games, ESL/EFL Language Games, Nature and Animals Games, Vocabulary Games, Art and Music Games, Kids Learning, Logic Games, Memory Games, Preschool Games, Keyboarding Games and Hand-Eye Coordination Games, Geography Games and lots more. Be sure to check out our site regularly, as we are constantly adding new educational games and activities!

I would love to work something out where we can place a link on your site.  I have looked over your site and content and I love what it has to offer.  I am very excited to see what we can do to build a relationship with you and your network, as I see us both benefiting.  Hit me back if you’re interested.  My contact info is below.  Thanks in advance and talk to you soon.

Best,