Edublog Award Excitement!

Today was a very exciting day for 2KM and 2KJ as it was the Awards Ceremony for the annual Edublog Awards.

eddies

We were honoured to be short listed out of hundreds of nominations in many different categories.

Most students stayed in at recess and watched the ceremony on the interactive whiteboard at 11am. There were some fabulous results for 2KM, 2KJ and their friends. The top five in each category were recognised.

Best Class Blog

We came FIFTH! Two of our closest “blogging buddy”classes were in the top five. Mrs Yollis’ Classroom Blog came FIRST and Mr Salsich’s Class Blog came FOURTH!

We were the only Australian class in the top five. Go Aussies!

Best Student Blog

Seven 2KM and 2KJ students were shortlisted which was an amazing achievement as there were hundreds of nominations.

Congratulations to Jarrod who came FOURTH! Mrs Yollis’ former student, Jaden came FIRST. Miriam and Victoria, also students of Mrs Yollis, came SECOND.

Being an Edublog Award finalist is an incredible achievement for Jarrod. He only started his blog in mid-2011 and has already had nearly 3000 visitors. Jarrod was also the youngest student in the top five (he recently turned eight).

Jarrod

Best Group Blog

Our third piece of exciting news was that Our World, Our Stories WON the Best Group Blog category!

There were cheers of delight as the announcement was made. Our World, Our Stories is a global project that we have been working on with classes in five other countries for most of this term. It has been an incredible learning opportunity and a highlight of 2011 for the students.

What a way to end Our World, Our Stories with an award that we can all celebrate together!

Our World Our Stories

Other Great Results

Many of our blogging buddies also experienced excellent results to recognise the fabulous work that they do with educational blogging.

Mrs Yollis and her class WON the Most Influential Blog Post category and Mrs Yollis came SECOND in the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Mr Avery and his class came THIRD in the Best Use of Audio / Video / Podcast category.

Mrs Hembree and her students came SECOND by just one vote in the Best Librarian / Library category.

2KM and 2KJ students Haille, Ava, Millie, Charlotte, Jordi and BB (2KM 2010) were shortlisted from hundreds of student blogs. What an achievement for grade two students! This was the second year that grade three student BB was nominated!

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

***

All of our blogging friends, teachers, students and classes are winners in our eyes.

This year, 2KM and 2KJ have discovered how blogging can help us improve and grow in so many ways. While awards are nice, we all know that personal improvement is what counts. This is something we have definitely won!

What has been your blogging highlight this year?

Who did you vote for in the Edublog Awards?

24 thoughts on “Edublog Award Excitement!

1. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you all for your wonderful blog. You are all winners!

I have really enjoyed visiting your blog so much and learning so much from you all.
    For I really cannot believe that this year is now coming to an end.
    Here is hoping that you all will keep on blogging nexted year.

My highlight of blogging is the wonderful friendships which I have formed which I hope will keep on going for many years to come.

From AA.

• Dear AA,

Thanks for the comment!

I am going to keep blogging next year and all my years until I die! I must have a blogging sickness! 😛

I have loved this year so much hopefully I can have Mrs Morris again! They have been great teachers this year!

Well done to Mrs. Yollis!

Jordi

2. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

This is an awesome post Mrs Morris, you always do great posts. (So do you Miss Jordan!)

I was so so glad that Our World, Our Stories won!

I have been voting for all of our blogging buddy’s! Also very well done to Mrs Yollis for wining!

It was great that BB and Rhiannon came to watch too.

Well my favourite memory was getting my own blog, it was so exciting when Miss Jordan called my name out.

Blogging has made my year probably the best ever! 😆

I will be still be blogging next year, and I will maybe be look at your blog (if you have one!)

You have been a great teacher Miss Jordan and let’s hope I will get you again!

Love From,
    Kayla ♥
    (I will miss you Miss Jordan)

• Dear Kayla,

Great comment!

I was suprised when I saw that Our World, Our Storys won too.

Yes I think it was great for BB and Rhiannon to come and watch!

Next year I will miss Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan too. Don’t you think they are a great team?)

Last year we had a blog. I never really went on it because I was really low at blogging and this year I am high at blogging.

Good job for the people who were short listed!

Jordi 😛

3. Dear 2KM and 2KJ, 😆

Hi great blog post.

My favourite blogging highlight has been getting my own blog and makeing new friends with everyone all around the world and good job for all the people on ” Our World Our Stories” blog and the classes too of couse.

I voted for……..
    *2KM and 2KJ (of couse)
    * Mr Avery
    * My blog
    * Other student blogs
    * Our World Our Stories

I also got some other friends and family to vote just after we had finish school and I was crossing my fingers to e short listed and I was but I did not win but I was still proud of everyone and myself.

Good job everyone that had been short listed and won or in the top five.

Millie 😆

• Dear Millie,

Great comment!

My favourite blogging highlight this year? That would have to be getting a blog and looking and leaving comments on the 2KM and 2KJ blog!

Who I voted for?

* 2KM and 2KJ (of couse)
      * Mrs Morris’ blog
      * My blog
      * all my friends blogs
      * Our World Our Stories
      * Miss Jordans blog

Well done Jarrod for coming 4th in the top 5!

Jordi

4. Dear 2Km and 2KJ
    Congratulations for your placings! They are all very well deserved.
    I’m thrilled that Our World, Our Stories won Best Group Blog.
    I was only able to listen to the first two awards yesterday so I missed most of the exciting announcements. I bet you were all jumping up and down as you were listening!

I hope you all enjoy your last week of school before your holidays. We’ve loved blogging with you this year.
    Merry Christmas
    Mrs McKenzie

• Dear Mrs McKenzie,

Thank you for leaving us great comment.

Anyway my name is Kayla I’m 8 years old and I have my own blog. Please do check ot my blog.
      http://kaylasblog.global2.vic.edu.au
      Do you like it?

It was great that our world our stories won.

I hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

You are a great blogging buddy.

Love Kayla in 2KJ 😆

5. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

Congratulations! There are a lot of class blogs and it is SO amazing that you got in to the final five! Nice job!

2KM and 2KJ, your blog is so colorful and very interesting. I adore the picture of both of your classes. My favorite part of the picture is Leo!

Congratulations Jarrod! You came in fourth place! To even get nominated is a big deal.
    I haven’t been on this blog a lot, but I am definitely coming back to comment!

Thanks for blogging,

M♥a

• Dear Mia,

Wow what a perfecto comment.

Were you excited wene Mrs yollis Won twise. well our class was very excited wene our world our stores came up!

From Jacob

• @ Mia,

Thank you for your great comment on the 2KM and 2KJ blog.

Thank you for saying Congratulations.

Also thank you for saying our blog is interesting and colourful.

Hopefully you will come on our blog again.

What do you like the best about the 2KM and 2KJ blog?

Can you check out my blog?

If you want to here is the link http://alanasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/

You did a really quality comment. All of our grade was amazed.

Our grade has a Mia.

Have you got your own blog yet?

I know just even getting in the top five is a big deal.

I didn’t get short listed but I wanted to but there is always next year.

I like the picture of Leo too.

Thank you for your great comment again.

Best Wishes,
      Alana

6. WOW!!!!
    Congratulations to the AMAZING students in 2KM and 2KJ!!! We voted for your blogs and are thrilled to learn you have nominations and accolades which are so well deserved.

Your spectacular teachers have opened learning up to the world for you and we feel lucky to have met you and learnt from you and your blog.

We finish school today but Miss Dwyer had to show us this one last post of yours! And we all cheered!!!

3 Cheers for the 2KM and 2KJ kids…

Hip, hip, horray
    Hip, hip, horray
    Hip, hip, horray

From Miss Dwyer and the kids in Northern Territory!

• Dear Mrs Dwyer,

Hi my name is Ava. I’m in 2KM. If you would like to check out my blog click this link: http://avasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/

Thank you so much for your great comment!

Also thank you so much for voting for us too!

When we saw the Our, World Our Stroie’s won evryone of 2KM and 2KJ jumped, cheered and clapped with delight! It was really fun whatching twhen the names got called out. Jarrod was really happy whe he saw his name and if you were not listening Jarrod was talking I also talked for Our world our stories. 2KM and 2KJ were delighted when we saw the 2KM and 2KJ blog that was in the top five. We also came fith but when we heard out that we didn’t come fist or second we were dissapointed but when we saw Mrs Yollis’s blog came fist we were really happy.

I got short listed but I didn’t get in the top five which was dissapointing but when I realised that I got short listed I was really happy with myself.

Thank you for thee three cheers!

From your blogging friend,
      Ava

7. @ 2KM and 2KJ,

I love the post Mrs Morris!

I can’t belive that Our World Our Stories won, wow! I also can’t belive all of the cheering and excitment people had on their faces. I think because we all were inside all the classes could here us cheering because it was so loud, I couldn’t belive it. Can you belive it ❓

Molly voted for:
    2KM and 2KJ blog
    Charlotte’s blog
    Jarrod’s blog
    Our World Our Stories

Meg voted for:
    2KM and 2KJ blog
    Haille’s blog
    Charlotte’s blog
    Our World Our Stories
    Mrs Yollis’s blog

Meg’s blogging hilight was that we got to meet other kind of people and got to skype with our blogging buddies.

Molly’s hilight was the same.
    Meg and Molly

• @ Meg and Molly,

Great comment on the 2KM and 2KJ blog post.

I think you two did good voting.

I also think the same as you.

I also like your highlights. Mine highlight is like the same as yours.

Thank you for the great comment on the 2KM and 2KJ blog again.

Best Wishes,
      Alana

8. @ 2KM and 2KJ,

Great post!

JORDI: My favourite blogging highlght this year?
    That would have to be getting a blog and looking and leaving comments on the 2KM and 2KJ blog!
    Who I voted for?
    * 2KM and 2KJ (of couse)
    * Mrs Morris’ blog
    * My blog
    * all my friends blogs
    * Our World Our Stories
    * Miss Jordans blog

ALANA: I’m going to say like all of the same as Jordi. But I don’t have a lot of time to do that do I?

Best Wishes,
    Alana

9. @ 2KM and 2KJ,

Great post!

What has been my blogging highlight of the year? My highlight of the year was when I new our class got a blog. Also I loved getting my own blog. I loved learning lots of new blogging skills.

I voted for 2KM and 2KJ for best class blog (of course)
    Mrs Morris’ and Miss Jordans’ blog for best teacher blog.
    I voted for Jordi and Ava for best student blog.
    and lots more.
    I voted for the Our World, Our Stories for best group blog.

I loved watching the video to see who won.

Everybody cheered with great excitement when our blog was in the top five.

Great Post Again.

Best Wishes,
    Alana

10. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

Congratulations for being in the top five for the Edublog Awards! Even though you didn’t win first place, being in the top five is a big deal! Being nominated is even a big deal!

I was shocked when I saw the email Mrs. Yollis sent out. The email said that Our World, Our Stories was first place for best group blog. It was great working together with all of you and that was a win for all of us.

Jarrod, congratulations for being in the top five! It is really cool that you were the youngest kid in the top five to have a blog. I can’t wait to read your next post!

I can not chose my blogging highlight of the year because I loved everything.

I voted for your class blog and Mrs. Yollis’ blog on different days. It’s fun to change my vote and support my friends.

Sincerely,
    Leila

• @ Leila,

Great and fantastic comment.

You arwe such a good writer.

I felt so happy when Our World, Our Stories won.

2KM and 2KJ was so happy that we got n the top five. I was too.

I was voting for 2KM and 2KJ every day.

Thank you foir saying Congratulations. Congratulations to you too.

I know just being nominated is a big deal.

I have my own blog if you want to check it out here is the link http://alanasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/
      Hope you like my blog.

Best Wishes,
      Alana

11. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

What a wonderful post and a super way to end the year! Thank you for the kind congratulations and mentions in your post. We are thrilled for your success as well!

I am exceedingly proud of our blogging community! Everyone dedicates themselves to producing quality posts and composing quality comments. It has been a pleasure learning alongside all of you this year.

A highlight for me was our participation in the Our World, Our Stories project. I feel like it really brought us together and opened up the world for our students.

I want to give a special shout out to all the student bloggers! To have such a large group of nominations tells you that you are on the right track! Jarrod, you set a very high standard of excellence for us. Thank you!

Well done, bloggers! I hope you continue to contribute to our online community. Bianca is an excellent example for us all! She has continued to blog and grow as a writer and I hope you follow her lead!

Have a wonderful summer and I’ll see you out in the blogosphere!

Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

• @ Mrs Yollis,

Great comment on the 2KM and 2KJ blog.

I was so happy that Our World, Our Stories won.

Mrs Yollis you are such a great blogger.

I think the Our World, Our Stories project was a good highlight.

I will have a nice Summer.

Also thank you for saying 2KM and 2Kj did a great post. I think you do great posts on your blog too.

I got voted but I didn’t get on the list., but I wanted too.

You have done a really great comment.

Best Wishes,
      Alana

12. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

It was very fun watching the Edubog Awards. I was very excited when Our World Our Stories won!

Well done to the people who won the Edublog awards.

Bradley

• @ Bradley,

Great blog comment on this blog post.

That is great that you liked watching the Edubog Awards.

I was ever prawd when Our World Our Stories won as well.

Bye,
      Mikayla

13. Hi class,

I love this post and I can’t believe we won, well Our World Our Stories of couse. I also can’t believe all of the excitment on their faces and all of the cheering, I think that because everyone was inside they could hear us and they were saying what a noisy class and what is going on. Do you think so too? we rock 2KM and 2KJ!

Meg voted for:
    2KM and 2KJ blog
    Charlotte’s blog
    Haille’s blog
    Our World Our Stories
    Mrs Yollis’ class blog

Meg: My blogging hilight this year would be meeting other people, getting to know our blogging buddies and to coumunicate with our blogging buddies! I love blogging this year. My Uncle Hank has a maths blog andf I sometimes check it out.

Your friends,
    Hank and Meg (uncle)