Christmas Craft Morning

2KM and 2KJ students enjoyed a special Christmas Craft morning today!

Charlotte’s mum, Martine, organised the morning for us and the students loved showing off their creativity and getting into the Christmas spirit.

The four craft activities we enjoyed were:

Christmas cards for family and friends

– Special felt Christmas tree decorations

Reindeer food to sprinkle over the lawn on Christmas Eve

– Paper plate snowmen. Check out this link to find out how to make one yourself!

Watch our slideshow to see all the fun we had!

A big thank you to Martine for organising this special event for us. We loved the activities and had a fantastic morning!

We would also like to thank Tammy, Marcie, Kim, Mandy and Sara for helping out!

What was your favourite craft activity today?

What other craft activities do you enjoy?

14 thoughts on “Christmas Craft Morning

1. Hello to everyone!

Firstly can I thank Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris for giving me the fun task of organising and the chance to help run the 2KJ and 2KM christmas craft session, I think I can speak for all the mums that helped we had a great time 🙂

It was so much fun this morning and from the amount of kids that came up to show me all their beautiful creations, I think they all enjoyed it too! There was a lot of hard work going on in the classroom which was great to see.

My favourite activity today was the snowmen, I thought they were really cute!

The other craft activities I enjoy are sewing and scrapbooking (when I get the time!)

Thanks again everyone,

Martine

• Dear Mum,

Thank you for your comment i love it!

Thankyou for doing the craft Morning i loved for you to come in and make raindeer food to spinkle on your laun on Chistmas Eve and it will sparkle on your laun so Santa can find your house so santa can give you his presents.

See you tonight,

Charlotte 😆

2. @ 2KM and 2KJ,

We really like your blog post.

Mikayla:My favourite activite today was makeing the christmas tree look nice.

Mia:My favourite activite was makeing the snow man with Kammy.

Mikayla and Mia: We really like your video that you made in one day.

Your friends,
    Mia and Mikayla 😆

3. Hello 2KM and 2KJ,

The minutes are ticking away as we approach the end of the school year. My tourist town in NSW is already showing increasing numbers as holidaymakers are arriving.

Children are getting excited as Christmas Day approaches and on Friday I will be filming a school celebrate its last day before closure. They and the community want to remember all the good times in the school since it was set up in the 1950s. The end also signals a new beginning as they join the now enlarged oldest school in their town and will start 2012 with a combined school and new name.

How much has happened this year for all of you? You’ve made great friends in classes around the world. You’ve launched yourselves into the world of blogging in a very big way. You have seen how different and how much the same we are to others around the world. This year in 2KM and 2KJ has enriched your lives and set you on a path for greater things in the future.

A few more minutes have gone while I type yet locked in our memories are so many experiences that can stay with us for the rest of our lives. I want to thank you all for letting me be just a little part of your time this year.

I hope you all have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS, a HAPPY NEW YEAR with friends and family, and start Year 3 with a smile and confidence in how well you have worked.

Ross Mannell (teacher)
    NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross Mannell,

Hi, it is Kayla and Dana from 2KM and 2KJ, and we love blogging.

Dana: I have been to Merimbula also Kayla has too, it is a great place to visit.

Kayla: Thank you for leaving us a wonderful comment, all of 2KM and 2KJ love it.

Dana and Kayla: I also wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR FULL OF HAPPIENESS!

Kayla: Well we have done lots and lots of things at school; my favourite memory was getting my own blog. Here is the link to it:
      http://kaylasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/

Kayla and Dana: We all have had a great year with Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris! 😆

Dana and I are very excited about Christmas and we wonder what we will get, what I really want is an iPod touch and cover and Dana does too! 😉

You have supported us so, so, so, so much. THANK YOU! We all have had great fun blogging with you as a blogging buddy.

From Your Friends in Australia,
      Kayla and Dana
      (In 2KM and 2KJ)

4. Dear 2km & 2kj,
    I have two questions for you.they are inporint so lisn close.#1.How fun was it to make christmas ornamints?#2.what kind of ornmints did you make?
    See you later. 🙂
    Christian

~classroom connection~

• @ Christian,

Great comment.

We all had a great time making all of the things.

The things we did was making a snowman, making Christmas cards, making reindeer food and small Christmas trees.
      My most favourite thing was making the Christmas tree, the Christmas was made of felt, we put
      Small stars and other stuff like that.

Mitchell

5. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I enjoyed the reindeer food and doing the snowman.
    Then my other favourite thing to do is colouring in and painting.

I love this post because when I am bigger I want to be an artist. 🙂

Best wishes,
    Georgia. 😀

• Hi Georgia,

Thanks for the comment!

I enjoyed reindeer food too.

When I’m older I might be a teacher and this blog post gave me a idea! I could organize some thing like this too.

Jordi

6. Hello 2Km and 2Kj,
    Well really is nearly Christmas and we have only just over 1 week to go this year.

My class love craft activities at Christmas time just like you do. Each year we have a different theme. For 2009 it was Santa’s Workshop and we were all elves. Last year it was gingerbread and we had a gingerbread house in our room that the students used as a reading spot. This year we have the theme of reindeer.

We have been making different reindeer during our craft sessions. Yesterday when our new preps for next year were visiting us, we made reindeer that could be used to hold your Christmas cards from paper plates. The special thing with them was that they have plastic forks for antlers!!

To help us have fun at Christmas, we have even made our own Christmas blog. You are welcome to have some fun too at: http://mrswchristmas.global2.vic.edu.au

Next week, we have our annual Santa night and awards presentation. All of our families and friends come, we get to have tea together and look at lots of the work that we have done throughout the year.

Do you have a special school night at the end of the year?

from
    Mrs W @ Harston Primary

• Dear Mrs Watson,

We love you Christmas blog and your terrific commment!

Keira: Hi, it is Keira and I know it is nearly Christmas and I am looking forward to grade 3. I really want to learn lots and lots of naplan.

Meg: Hi, my name is Meg and I am looking forward to Christmas and so is Keira. I can’t wait until I open my Christmas presents.

Keira: 2KM and 2KJ like doing heaps of craft in our class, and that is good that you do craft in your class room.

Meg: I can imagen you guys dressed up in elv costums. Keira and I would love to dress up as an elves too but we can’t because the year is nearly over.

Keira: My mum for Christmas is going to try make a gingerbread house so we can have it for Christmas desert at my Aunty Kate’s and I can not wait!

Meg: Do you dress up as reindeer like you dressed up as elves? If you dress up as reindeer I think I could imagen you dressed up as one.

Keira: My little brother is starting prep next year and he is looking forward to his first year in prep!

Meg: For Christmas I am going to my uncle, Marty’s house for a Christmas lunch. For lunch we are having pork and for desert we have to make a cheese cake. Yummy!!

Keira: For Christmas I am going to my Uncles and Auntys house for Christmas and everyone is going to be playing Cricket and my team has only got 4 people and the other team has only 21 people.

Meg: Wow you are very creative and you know what yesterday when we had the craft session we had to do four activeties and they were, Creating a Christmas tree, making a snowmen, making our own Christmas cards and making some magic reindeer food that glows in the dark when the moon is up.

Keira: My mum helped with the snowman and I was so happy that she could come to the craft morning.

Meg: Well, I have a sister in grade six and she has a graduation, but the preps, grade ones, grade twos, grade threes, grade fours and grade fives don’t celebrate something like that.

Keira: I have a older brother in grade six and he is having a graduation on the 22nd December. He is waering a Sute and a black and grey hat.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Best wishes love from
      Keira and Meg Australia in 2KM and 2KJ. 🙂

7. Hi 2KM and 2KJ,

Great blog post.

I enjoyed Christmas craft morning it was really fun!

My favourite craft activity was probably making reindeer food! It says a great special poem I will read it out to you. “Sprinkle on the lawn at night the moon will make it sparkly bright, when Santa’s reindeer’s fly and roam this will guide them to your home.” I love making reindeer food because it’s fun to go out on Christmas Eve and sprinkle all of the oats around our lawn. Last year when I did it my Cat, Blossom tried to eat some oats. I called her Blossom the reindeer.

My other favourite Christmas craft activity was probably making the little felt Christmas trees. They were really fun because we got to decorate them with lot’s of great decorations. I put some glitter as my tinsel and some stars for little decorations.

Making snowmen was one of my favourites too. It was really fun and they end up looking really cute! I would probably call mine Frosty the snowman. Because he is a magic snowman but the one I made isn’t magic because it’s just paper plates. It was really fun decorating him bye putting on a hat, boots,gloves and mittens. When we could draw I was going to do a scarf but I didn’t get enough time to.

All of the activities were my favourite including the Christmas cards of course. I made a Santa hat made out of pipe cleaners and I stuck it on with P.V.A glue but I didn’t have much luck getting it to stick and that’s the same what happened to the candy cane I made. Sarah (Bradley’s mum) Had a great idea bye sticking it down with sticky tape. That worked.

Thank you Kim, Tammy, Sarah, Marcie and Mandy for your great help on Christmas activity craft morning.

Best wishes,
    Ava

• Dear Ava,

Thanks for the amazing comment!

My favourite craft activity was making reindeer food too! Does Blossom like to try get the oats? It must Blossom the Reindeer like you said.

My second favourite craft activity was the Snowmen. I can imagine your magic snowmen now once I had read your comment and saw all the decorations. When I was doing mine I put on a hat, mittens and boots (I didn’t get time to put boots on though.) Ghee! I could not even think of anything else! 😛

My third favourite craft activity was the Christmas tree. I liked the Christmas tree because you could make a decoration out of it. The things it put on it were: A star for the top and some Balls (circles)…

My fourth favourite was the Christmas cards like you! I gave my Christmas card to my mum for helping me with my blogging throughout this year. On mine I used Christmas pipe cleaners for a candy cane ( I had to use sticky tap like you said), I cut a Christmas picture out (It was Santa putting down presents at the Christmas tree) and I did a header! Who did you give the Christmas card too?

I would like to give s big thanks to Martine, Sarah, Kim, Tammy, Marcie and Mandy for helping doing the great craft!

Jordi

8. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,
    your Christmas caft looked awesome. my favourite one was the snow men it looked so cute! Keep up the good work. From Hannah.