2011 Edublog Awards Nominations

Everyone in 2KM and 2KJ is very excited that it is time for the annual Edublog Awards because, in case you haven’t guessed, we love blogging!

The Edublog Awards have been running since 2004 and showcase some of the most popular blogs in education.

The purpose of the Edublog Awards is to promote and demonstrate the educational values of blogging. This is something we really believe in!

Edublogs

It was very, very hard for us to narrow down our choices for nominations as we have blogging friends in all corners of the globe.

Here are our nominations

Best Class Blog

Mrs Yollis’ Classroom Blog

We have many blogging friends but Mrs Yollis’ class is the first class that 2KM connected with nearly 3 years ago and we have developed a very strong friendship. Mrs Yollis and her class are constantly teaching us something, inspiring us, encouraging us and they are always up for a conversation using quality comments. They are true friends and role models!

Most Influential Blog Post

Family Blogging Month by Mrs Yollis’ Class

Mrs Yollis came up with the idea of Family Blogging Month a number of years ago. She runs it twice a year as a way for families to become more involved in their child’s education. 2KM and 2KJ have been running Family Blogging Months for a number of years also. We would like to nominate Mrs Yollis’ class for most influential blog post because there are now hundreds, if not thousands, of class blogs around the world implementing their idea of Family Blogging Month.

Best Student Blog

Jarrod’s Awesome Blog

Jarrod is a member of 2KM and he is seven years old. He has only been blogging since the end of June but he has already had well over 2000 visitors from around the world. Jarrod is a role model for student bloggers everywhere. He has developed a large following due to his quality posts that integrate a lot of different web 2.0 tools, and his commitment to replying to every visitor on his blog. Every week, he works with his mum, Melane, to create an interesting and creative post.

Best Individual Tweeter

Ross Mannell

Mr Mannell has to be 2KM and 2KJ’s biggest fan! He comments on nearly all of our posts (and student blogs) and tells us stories about all the adventures he has been on and things he has seen and done. He asks us questions and gets us thinking. Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan met Mr Mannell on Twitter. He is a retired primary school teacher who loves to use Twitter to find and support students and classes around the world.

Best Twitter Hashtag

#comments4kids

We love the #comments4kids hashtag! We have 14 student bloggers in 2KM and 2KJ. Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan often tweet with the #comments4kids hashtag to help drum up some support. It is fabulous!

Best Teacher Blog

The Learning Journey

This is a fabulous blog by second year graduate teacher, Stef Galvin in Melbourne, Australia. It is full of reflection and ideas. 2KM and 2KJ particularly like this teacher blog because Stef is one of our biggest supporters. She is always leaving us comments and helping us grow as writers and as people. She models for us what a good blogger is; someone who is involved in all aspects of the blogging community.

Best Use of Audio/Video/Visual/Podcast

Mr Avery’s Classroom Blog

Our friend Mr Avery is amazing at making videos with his students. This year, he has been making lots of maths videos with his students. Some of the maths concepts are a bit tricky for us because our students are four years younger than his students, however, we love each and every video he makes. What an amazing way to learn!

Best Library Blog

The Bulldog Readers

Mrs Hembree and her students in Seattle create this fabulous blog that links kids to books and web 2.0 tools. Mrs Hembree shares our love of reading and we enjoy seeing what is happening on her blog. Mrs Hembree also regularly comments on the 2KM and 2KJ blog and is always there to give us a reading recommendation.

Lifetime Achievement

Sue Wyatt

Miss W is a teacher and blogger from Tasmania. She is currently on a big trip around the USA with her mascot, Mr ‘Davo’ Devil. They are visiting lots of schools, bloggers and exciting places. Miss W runs the Student Blogging Challenge that Jarrod has taken part in and is constantly supporting classes and students who are blogging.

Best New Blog

Grade 2MK Leopold

2KM, 2KJ, Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris love encouraging other classes to give blogging a go. We would like to nominate 2MK and Mrs Milton at our school (Leopold Primary School). They have just started blogging this year and they’re always wanting to learn new things and grow as a blogging class. They have started Quad Blogging and they like making posts on a variety of topics with a range of web 2.0 tools.

Edublog Awards PPT

Now it’s your turn

If you have a blog or website and you want to submit your nominations, just visit http://edublogawards.com to find out how. Voting will be begin soon and then there will be an awards ceremony in December.

Some of our students have also written their nomination posts:

Alana

Jordi

Millie

Hannah

Liam

Kayla

Ava

Jarrod

What do you think of our nominations?

Who would you nominate?

21 thoughts on “2011 Edublog Awards Nominations

1. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,
    Thank you so very much for your nomination. I am humbled to be part of such a great group of teachers. Blogging has brought new energy to my learning and teaching! Plus it gives me a new avenue to connect kids with books. Now I’m making book trailers too. I love technology!
    Grateful in Seattle,
    Mrs. Hembree

2. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I, agree with every single nominations your have choosen for each category.

It really is very difficult to pick who I would nominate as there are so many wonderful blogs out in the blogging world.

It would be so wonderful if everyone could win an award.

I wish everyone who is nominated for this year’s Edublog awards all the very best.

From AA.

• Dear AA,

Thank you for the comment.

My name is Hamish and I am in 2KJ.

Thats good you like the nominations.

I hope win.

Keep up the good blogging.

from
      Hamish 😎

3. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

Thank you so much for nominating us for Best Class Blog! Our friendship is a special one, and I treasure each of you! I feel like we are one big global classroom!

Thank you, too, for nominating our Family Blogging Month post! It has proven to be a wonderful way to bring family members into our virtual classrooms, and I really appreciate that you included this in your nominations.

🙂 I simply cannot stop smiling and feel proud to be included with such great educators! 🙂

Your friend and fellow blogger,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

• @ Mrs Yollis,

Thank you for your great comment on the 2KM and 2KJ blog.

Hi it’s Alana. You know my blog? Here is the address if you don’t rembver it http://alanasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/ . I’m going to have a new post up soon, aboutr the EDU blogs and I nominated you for one thing, I think!

I think I nominated you for family blogging mouth too.

If anyone vots for me then I will also have a and big happy face too.

Best Wishes,
      Alana

4. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

Thank you very much for your nomination! I certainly didn’t expect that at all.

I really love visiting your blogs and seeing the wonderful work that you do at school. Your willingness to share your learning experiences with the world, and to learn alongside others is incredible! It’s hard to believe that you’re all only in Grade 2 – imagine the world of possibilities that are before you!

I really believe that you have all taught me about blogging as well, and for that I thank you!

Keep up the fantastic effort!

Your friend,
    Stef Galvin

• Dear Stef Galvin,

2KM and 2KJ love your comment.

You do deaserve to be nominated.

Thank you for that wonderful complement.

Your welcome to be nominated.

Any why it is Keira here.

Love from
      Keira your blogging pal. 😆 :mrgreen:

• @ Keira,

2KM and 2KJ deserve all the compliments that you receive! You guys are GREAT!

Thank you for your reply, Keira!

From your blogging buddy,
        Stef

5. Pingback: Nominations | Grade 2MK Leopold

6. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I think it is a good idea to enter this very exciting
    competition. I didn’t do this at my old school because we didn’t have a blogging class. Because you explained very clearly, I understand what you do in the competition. I think all the nominations deserve an award.

Bye for now and good luck,
    Dana

• @ Dana,

Thankyou for the great blog comment on this blog post.

Your are a really great blogger now Dana.

I think it is a great compation as well Dana.

Do you like blogging?

Why do you like blogging?

Your friend,
      Mikayla

7. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I love this post!

I can’t beleive that Ross mannel and you are lucky you choose Ross mannel because I now that he has been leaving heaps of comments.

I really think Ross mannel should of been in the edublog.

I also think that stefgalvin should too, cause she ias good too at blogging. 🙂

Sincerly,
    Georgia. 8)

8. Dear Dana,

I THINK YOU ARE GOOD AT BLOGGING!

You really like this blog don’t you?

I like you!

I didn’t even want you to go in a different grade.

We are lucky to have you and I meen it cause you are really nice and a good girl only in our class.
    I really like you in our grade well not really cause you are actully in 2KM.

Do you like blogging?

Sincerly,
    Georgia. 8)

9. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I love this post.
    I think your nominations are great!
    If I had a blog I would love to pick the class blog.

Love Eb 😛

• Dear Eb,

This is a great post indeed!

Your comment is wonderful. 🙂

On my next post I’m going to chose for the 2KM and 2KJ blog.

Happy Blogging,
      Kayla

10. Great nominations 2KM and 2KJ, a lot of blogs I have visited and some that I have not, so I will be checking them out.

Thanks for sharing your nominations.

Mrs Murphy

11. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

Thank you so much for your nomination! We’re honored to have been chosen by a class like you! We’re so happy that we’ve gotten to know all of you this year and we hope that you continue blogging even after you leave grade 2.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery

12. Nanna is not sure if what she is doing.I at least have got this far.I cant find anything about voting. I have read some of the blogs and you are all far more intelligent than me.