We’re Back for Term Four!

Today is the first day of Term Four in Victoria, Australia .

It is the last term of school for us before our long summer holidays. When we return to school in February next year, the 2KM and 2KJ students will be in Grade Three!

*********************

It was terrific to hear that everyone in 2KM and 2KJ had a fantastic two week break. Over the holidays many students visited new places, went to the movies, enjoyed bike rides, saw their friends and watched Geelong win the AFL Grand Final!

***********************

We have two new students joining us for our final term. Dana is in 2KM and Morgan is in 2KJ.

Dana came from Mandama Primary School, where Mr D (our new principal) used to be the principal! Dana likes playing netball and she enjoys playing in her cubby house and on the trampoline with her younger sister, Lauren.

Morgan came from Nazareth Primary School. Morgan enjoys riding his bike, playing soccer and playing with his brother, Morrison and sister, April.

Here are Morgan and Dana with Leo!

P1030440

**********************

Over the holidays our new school building was finished! The five Prep classes will be moving into the building this week and some of the Grade One and Two classes will move into our building.

Here is the outside of the new building.

P1030442

P1030443

Here is the inside of the building.

P1030444

P1030446

***********************

What did you do on your school holidays?

Do you have a question for Dana or Morgan?

What do you think of our new school building?

20 thoughts on “We’re Back for Term Four!

1. Welcome back to the new school term, 2KM and 2KJ. Like you, NSW has just started term 4.

A very special welcome to Dana and Morgan. Welcome to the world of blogging. I hope you enjoy all of the fun activities 2KM and 2KJ enjoy.

The school’s new building looks impressive. My local school has had many changes since I last taught there in 2005. The only classrooms still there from when I was teaching are the three Kindergarten rooms. I know classes will enjoy the excitement of a new room.

With the new term, I suspect I’ll see more great posts on the class blog.

Ross Mannell (teacher)
    NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross Mannel,

Thank you for great comment.

I love it when new students come into our class. It’s just great!

The whole two grades want to move in the new buildings including me because they just look awesome!

The new buildings have a kitchen. It looks amazing from just the photo but it will look even better if we get to have a look inside.

Thanks for your great comment again.

Talk to you soon,
      Ava 😛

2. Hello 2KM and 2KJ
    I spent some of my holidays at my dad’s house, we went to puppy school with our dog Bella.
    I also went and stayed at my nan’s house for a sleepover. My sister came with me too.

I went to the hospital with my mum and I got to listen to the babies heart beat on the special machine, we also got to watch a vidoe of my baby brother, it was fun. We went bike riding on the rail trail and the magpies tried to swoop us, it was funny.
    I went to K-Mart and got a new 3 wheel scooter with my dad.

from Bodhi 😆

• Dear Bodhi,

I went on the ferry boat to Sorrento it took us 40 minutes to get there if you drive there it would take about 3 and a half hours.I went to my pa’s house for a sleep over two girls named Halle and Piper were there we got to go in my pa’s spa it was warm.

I think the buidings are great the preps are going to have fun in the new buildings.

Ella

3. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

Welcome back to school.
    Here is hoping you are already for another wonderful term with your awesome teachers.

Welcome also to Dana and Morgan I hope you both enjoy your days at Leopold Primary School.

Wow how great does the new school building looks. I can’t get over the size of it as it looks so huge.

I had a wonderful holiday where I spent a weekend in Albury and then went back home to Corryong which was fun.

Happy fourth term everyone,
    From AA.

4. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

Welcome back to Term 4! Like you, I went back to school today, too and it was great to see my class again!

Also, a big big welcome for Dana and Morgan – I know you’ll have a wonderful time in 2KM and 2KJ.

I loved seeing the photos of your new school building. Ours is still under construction, and I found out today that they’ve just started to paint inside… which is very exciting for us! Next year, all the prep classes will be in our new building, too, although we might start moving before the end of the year. That is, if the building is finished on time… 😉

I can’t wait to hear about all the exciting things you’ll be doing this term!

From your friend,
    Stef Galvin

• Dear Stef Galvin,

Thank you for another great comment on our class blog, you are such a fantastic blogger!

Yesterday I was suprised that we had another student in our class, Morgan!!

2KM and 2KJ also were suprised about how the new building looked. I wish we could move into the new building. 😥

Again thanks for the great comment.

Love From,

Haille. ***

• @ Haille,

Thank you very much for the lovely compliment! Like 2KM and 2KJ I think it’s very important to visit other blogs and to leave comments for others – it’s a great way to make connections.

Have you had many other students start in your class this year? Over the first 3 terms I had 4 new preps start in my class – it’s always great to have new students start and to get to know them.

I’m sure you’ll be able to visit the new building lots, to see how it’s going.

Keep up the great work, Haille!

Stef

• Dear Stef,

thank you for replying to me on our blog.

Yes, this year at the very beginning Riley was in our class. He went to a different school. And Mitchell came in term two.

When I was in prep I went to a different school for two terms and then came here.

When you were in primary school did you change schools alot?

Hope to hear from you again,

Haille.

5. Welcome back for term 4.
    Hi Dana from Mr O. from Mandama. Amazing that the 2 new students into grade 2 at Leopoldo are from neighboring schools in Grovedale. I wonder, did you and Morgan know each other before you went to Leopold? Say “Hi!” to Mr D from us at Mandama.

Mark O’Halloran
    Teacher at Mandama P.S.

• Hi Mr O,

Thanks for the comment.

Can you please say hello to Lara and Mrs Berry for me? I hope everyone’s having a GREAT time!

No, we didn’t know each other before I came to Leopold Primary School. Now we know each other.

What have you been doing in I.T?

Dana 😀

6. Dear 2KM & 2KJ,
    Welcome back to school for your last term of grade 2! A big Seattle hello to Dana and Morgan! You are joining a fabulous class!
    I really enjoyed seeing the photos of your new school! Everyone must be so excited about moving into a new building where everything is fresh and new!
    I do think there is something missing in that new building! Do you know what that is????

From, Mrs. Hembree & the Bulldog Readers

• @ Mrs Hembree,

Great comment.

I think the thing that is missing in the new building are kids.

I also think that all the grade preps would be very excited that they are moving into a new classroom.

I like the new photos of the school too.

Thank you for calling our class fabulous.

I can tell that Dana and Morgan are starting to love our class already.

Best Wishes,
      Hannah

7. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I apperecsheate them so much.

I also went to Halls gap and we slept in a hotel and we went to baromoral we slept at my Nan’s house and we slept on the couch and it was ful of stuff also my cousins came.

My cousins names were Abby, Jane, Emma and aunty Syndy was very crazy and funny.

I even went to the playground and there better than Geelong in victoria and it had a hugest slide i’ve ever seen cause it was 5 metre’s I think or maybe 103 center metres.

I had fun in halls gap!

I also went with my mum and my step dad to Swan Hill.

We went to an old old old old fashion country fair and there was a light show and it stared at 8:00 and it finished at 9:13 it was funny and I liked the old fashion cafe it was the bestest.

Best wishes,
    Georgia. 🙂 ♥ 😛

8. How I wish we all had the same holidays. How many weeks is a LONG summer holiday? In UK we are just really getting under way. Can I just say thanks for all the positive things you do to support blogging, it definitely seems to me that just like every school, every blog is necessarily different. It’s good to know that even you guys haven’t always found everything easy.

you have a beautiful school by the way. Mine is 132 years old, so I will need to paint it soon!

Mr E
    Hawes

• @ David Elbrideg,

Thank you for your great comment, I love it.

Our school is a little bit old. The school was only opened in 2oo4.

The summer Holidays is about six weeks, and I can’t wait to Christmas.

Is it just you painting the school, or are some other people helping you?

If you want you can go on my blog here is the address http://alanasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/ , or just click on my name, It’s Alana.

Thank you for your great comment again.

Best Wishes,
      Alana

9. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I think the new building is cool! 😎
    I think that the preps will love it so much!
    i hope they do because it looks inspiring and
    fabulous.Not only the preps are moving the grade ones
    are moving as well! 😛

Dana 😀

10. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I love this post because it has a nice building and it looks very good!

I also just showed my real dad the post of christmas child and watched, the love ion my box and I showed him the one, that the boy was such ixcited about the box.

I? love the building so so so so much it looks really good again.

Sincerly,
    Georgia. 🙂
    😛

11. Hi 2KM and 2KJ,

On the holidays I went to cairns
    and it was cool! 😎
    When I was there I did some fantastic
    things and they were:

1.Movies [The Smurfs]
    2.Sky Rail
    3.Train
    4.Pool
    5.Muddy’s Playground

On our last day I was sad,
    but everyone has to go home at some stage
    right?

From your class mate,
    Dana. 😉