Leo’s Birthday Party!

Thursday 7th April was Leo’s birthday and we had a party!

Leo is the 2KM and 2KJ class mascot. He is a very friendly, helpful and sleepy lion. You can read more about Leo here.

Leo turned eight years old and made his own invitations for all the boys and girls in 2KM and 2KJ.

Leo invite

Watch this PhotoPeach video about Leo’s birthday party!

**************

Today is our last day of Term One.

It has been a very busy and exciting term. The students in 2KM and 2KJ have already learnt SO much!

Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris are looking forward to relaxing with their families and friends on the holidays. Miss Jordan is also looking forward to attending the Google Teacher Academy in Sydney. What an honour for her to be selected as one of the 50 teachers from around the world to attend.

2KM and 2KJ will be back at school on Wednesday 27th April which is Miss Jordan’s birthday!

How did you enjoy Leo’s party?

What are you doing on the holidays?

67 thoughts on “Leo’s Birthday Party!

1. Aloha 2KM &2KJ,
    What a wonderful party! Leo is a very lucky lion to have such great friends. I love the cake, it truly looks just like him.
    We do not have holidays at this time of the year. Because we are on the other side of the Equator it is now Spring and school will end for the year on May 25.
    Enjoy your holidays!
    Mrs. Jacobs

• Hi Mrs Jacob’s,

The cake did a lot like him, not much people had some maybe because it looked so much like him shhhhhhh.

Haille.*** πŸ™‚

2. ♬ β™« β™ͺ ♬ β™« β™ͺ ♬ β™« β™ͺ ♬ β™« β™ͺ ♬ β™« β™ͺ
    Dear Leo,

Happy, Happy Birthday you crazy cat!

What a fantastic party you had! That cake Mrs. Morris made looked super delicious! My favorite kind is a double layer bamboo cake with a tasty bamboo shoot frosting. A 12 pound slice (5.4 kg) is just about right for me! What was the flavor of the cake?

Playing Pin the Tail on the Lion looks like a very fun game! It looks easy to do, but once you’ve been spun around a few times…and then blindfolded…that tail could have been pinned anywhere! Look out, Leo!

I have never heard of the game Bob and Statues. How is it played?

I know you lions like to sleep 20 hours during the day, so you’re probably asleep already! You’ll have lots of time for rest now that everyone is gone on vacation! Maybe we can Skype over the break while the kiddies are away!

Have a roarin’ good year, Leo!

Your pal,
    Panda

♬ β™« β™ͺ ♬ β™« β™ͺ ♬ β™« β™ͺ ♬ β™« β™ͺ ♬ β™« β™ͺ

• Dear Panda,

I liked your blog comment. It is so cool. It must have taken a long time. I liked pin the tail on the lion because you had to put the tail in the right spot, but I didn’t get close enough. Mine ended up on the window.

Did you put the music your blog comment to make it cool? You are so cute. I would love you to be our class mascot too! I really like that you are stuck on the wall.

Do you get post cards and put them on the world map? What kind of icecream do you like? I like strawberry icecream with milo on top.

From Connor F

• Dear Connor,

Thank you for you’r great
        reply.I don’t know if Panda put music on his blog to make it sound cool.

What was you’r favourite thing to eat at Leo’s
        party?

best regards,
        Lee

• @ Panda,

Long time, no speak! I’ve missed you, mate.

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I am getting older but I am never going to catch up to you! I hear you’re nearly 25? I thought I could notice a few grey hairs Panda, πŸ˜†

Mmmmmm I am drooling thinking of your delicious cake! My cake was chocolate. It was so yummy! It did feel a bit strange eating myself though.

I was a bit nervous during Pin the Tail on the Lion. There were a few close calls!

Bobs and Statues is a great game. First, we put on my favourite CD “The Lion King” movie soundtrack! Next, we dance around and when the music stops the helper calls out either “bobs” or “statues”. If it is “bobs”, you have to crouch right down. If it is “statues” you have to stand up tall. The last person to get into postion is out. You keep playing until you have one person remaining and they are the winners! We changed the game so “bobs” was “cubs” and “statues” was “lions”. Pretty cool, eh!

I would love to Skype soon! I hear you have a week off coming up soon too.

Talk soon, buddy!

Leo πŸ˜†

3. Well what a suprise,
    Leo it was your birthday. I wish you a very Happy Birthday. From watching the slide show you sure did have a wonderful time with all your school mates. πŸ™‚
    What great gifts you receiced too.

I loved all the students masks you all made. Every single one of the masks really did look a lot like Leo.
    Well done Mrs Morris on the birthday cake it looked awesonme.

Hope you all have a great holiday and hopefully I will too as I have been very unwell so hopefully now that the holidays are here I will be able to enjoy them too.

Well done Miss Jordan upon getting picked to attend the Google Teacher Academy. I bet your going to really enjoy this adventure.

From your blogging buddy,
    AA.

• @ aa,:)

The cake did look a lot like Leo didn’t it.:)
      My hole family has been sick too.
      I have not seen best my best friend Claudia since Monday because she is so sick.:(

Happy blogging,
      Haille.*** πŸ™‚

4. Hi 2KM and 2KJ,

On the holidays I might be doing a Easter egg hunt.
    I liked every single thing about Leo’s Birthday Party because it was so so so fun!

Haille.*** πŸ™‚

• @ Hayley, πŸ˜›

Thank you for the comment. Your a super blogger!

On Leo’s birthday pin the tail was fun and the food was yummy. 😎

We might having a Easter hunt for Easter,because where going to Eusten to see close family freinds.

Where are you going at Easter:?: Where about’s is it:?:

Thank You For The Comment,
      Jβ™₯rdi. :opps:

• @ Jordi,

I am not sure where I am going for the Easter egg hunt this year,but last year it was at my aunties house.:()

See you next term,:)
        Haille.*** :()

• @ Haille,

Thank you for reply. πŸ˜›

I hope you have a great Holiday ❓

Do you like to blog ❓ I love blogging.

Have A Great term, :mrgreen: Jβ™₯rdi 😳

• Hi Jordi, πŸ™‚

I hope you have a good Holiday too. πŸ™‚ *

Occurs I love blogging.

Bey now,
            Haille.*** πŸ™‚

5. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I loved Leo’s party. I liked the pin the tail on the lion the best. I hope you had a great day Leo.

What are you doing in the holidays Leo? I am going to my cousin’s Bollywood party where we will be learning how to dance Bollywood style. I hope my mum takes me to see HOP at the movies too.

I hope you all like chocolate because Easter is not far away! I love chocolate so I am getting very excited.

Sincerely,

Amelie (2KM)

• @ Amelie,

Thank you so much for your quality comment!

The Bollywood party and movies sound like so much fun! Maybe next year I should have a Bollywood party…

In the holidays I am going to sleep, eat, read, Skype, blog and try not to make too much of a mess in our classroom!

I am getting really excited about Easter too. I hope the Easter Bunny finds me!

Your buddy,
      Leo πŸ˜†

• Hi Leo, πŸ™‚
        ***
        I hope you don’t make a mess in the classroom,if you do shhhhhhhhhhh.

I have a boal with egg shapes in it and on the night before Easter, I’m going to put in the lounge room.

Bey for now,
        Haille.*** πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• @ Haille,

Ohhh your Easter bowl sounds like fun! I hope the Easter bunny finds me too. I better clean up my Easter egg wrappers though!

I notice you have been doing lots of replying on the blog. Thanks!

Your buddy,
          Leo πŸ˜†

• Hi Leo,

Your welcome.
            I have not used my bowl yet,but this year I can.

Your pal,
            Haille.*** πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

6. Dear 2km and 2kj,

I wish I was at Leo’s party! I enjoyed watching Leo’s birthday slide show. When there are holidays we usually get ready for them and when the holiday comes we celebrate it. My favorite holiday is Christmas because you get all the presents you want.

What are your favorite holidays?

Your blogging buddy,
    Kristen (in Mrs. Yollis’ class)

• @ Kristen,

My favrourate holidays are the easter and
      christmas because you get eggs at easter,at chrismas you get presents.

I ate cake at Leo’s birthday.

your blogging friend,
      Mia.

7. Dear Leo,

Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Leo. Happy birthday to you.
    I wish I was there to support your birthday and give you a present.
    Hope you had fun.

Here are two questions for you.

Did you like your party?
    That’s obvious.

Save a piece of cake for me! πŸ™‚
    Happy birthday! πŸ™‚

Tucker

• @ Tucker,

Thank your for your grrrreat comment!

I sure did love my party!

I have nearly finished eating the last of my cake. I would love to save some for you and all my pals in your class!

Your buddy,
      Leo πŸ˜†

8. Dear Leo,

I want to go to your party so badly, but I can’t because I live in the United States, California.

When I looked at the sweets the boys brought I was dumbfounded! We are not allowed to bring that many sweets in class or anywhere in the school. Also we are not allowed to chew gum.

When I found out what the girls brought I was amazed. All those chips, popcorn, and cheetoes.

Amitai

• @ Amitai,

What a shame you couldn’t come to my party. I guess catching a 15 hour flight is a little too much to ask! πŸ˜†

We don’t eat that sort of food everyday either. It is definitely sometimes food. We can’t have chewing gum at school either.

Amitai, I was so full after that party that I could hardly walk. All that food was delicious!

Your pal,
      Leo

9. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

It sure looks like fun. I’d like to be invited to a party like that!`Did all of have a great time? Leo, did you have a great time? Leo, someday you will become Kiiiing. Sorry I was just practicing my vocal cords. La,la,la,la,la,la There done. Do you ever hear Leo roar?

Warmly,
    Ileanna (Mrs. Yollis’s class)

• Dear Ileanna,

Hi my name is Haille from 2KJ.:)
      Yes I did have a great time and I am sure that Leo had a great time too.(:
      No I have never herd Leo roar because he is a very very sleepy lion.
      Leo might dream of being king.:)

Happy blogging,
      Haille.:):):)

• @ Ileanna,

I sure did have a grrrrrreat time at my party! I wish you were there.

I sure hope I will be king someday, hahah! It is my favourite song.

I try not to roar too much as I don’t want to distract the students when they are busy working (sometimes I snore though 😳 )

Your buddy,
      Leo

• @ Leo, πŸ™‚

I never ever ever here you snore. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Do you wake your self up some times?
        I only asked that because you think you snore you know. πŸ™‚

Happy Holidays from,
        Haille.*** πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

10. Dear Leo,
    Happy 8th birthday. It looks like your party was a lot of fun. If I was there I would have given you a phone. If you had a phone, you could call me! Leo it looks like you had a lot of fun.

Andrew

P.S It looks like the cake is good.

• @ Andrew,

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes. I can’t believe I am 8 already. It seems like so long ago since I left South Africa.

Andrew, what a great idea for a present. Thank you for the thought!

Your buddy,
      Leo πŸ˜†

11. @ Leo,

Happy birthday to you,happy birthday to you,happy birthday dear Leo.Happy birthday to you,hi pip ha ray,hi pip ha ray.:)

Did you have a good day?
    I had a grrrrrrreat day!

Happy holidays,
    Haille.*** πŸ™‚

• @ Haille,

Thanks you so much for my birthday wishes. I had such a wonderful party and I am so glad everyone could come!

Haille, I have to thank you for replying to so many people on our blog. You are a super star blogger! Please keep it up! I want to do more replies but you know me, I sleep most of the day!

Best wishes,
      Leo πŸ˜†

12. Keaaa
    Hi Leo
    A belated happy birthday to you. What a great party! Mmmm, I think I would enjoy eating those little frogs too.

I’ve been having fun going for sleepovers at the homes of the B4 students. I’ve been on picnics, gathered firewood, been to the dentist (that’s a bit funny because I don’t have any teeth!) and played with lots of toys.

I hope you have a good holiday. Do you have any plans?

from Quicksilver the Kea

• @ Quiksilver,

How are you going mate? We haven’t chatted for a while. I have been so busy with all my birthday celebrations and end of term fun!

I would love to share my lolly frogs with you but unfortunately they are all gone already! 😳

Wow, it sounds like you have been super busy. I am going to ask Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris if I can have a sleepover at some of the kids’ houses sometime. It gets a bit lonely here in the classroom sometimes.

I’ve got lots of plans for the holidays. I have the whole classroom to myself for over two weeks! I’m going to read lots of books and catch up on all my friends’ blogs. I am also going to be on Skype so hopefully I’ll catch you on there one night.

Talk soon buddy,
      Leo πŸ˜†

13. Hola Leo!

Feliz cumpleanos mi amigo. (That means “happy birthday my friend” in Spanish.)

You certainly had a festive party with all of your friends in 2KJ and 2KM. The cake looked absolutely scrumptious, although a few flies and slugs would have added a nice flavor.

Those were beautiful invitations you made. I didn’t realize that you had so much artistic talent! I may ask for your help when I organize my next party.

Pin the tail on the lion looked like an excellent game. When we had our winter holiday party in class the students played “pin the bow tie on Mr. Salsich.” It was very funny because they had a big picture of him as a sheriff and the students tried to stick the bow tie in the right spot. A few times it was stuck right on his forehead. Ha ha! You should have seen it. That man always looks a little funny, but especially with a bow tie taped on his head.

Enjoy the holidays my furry friend.

Your amphibian amigo,
    Juan Pablo

• To my favourite amphibian amigo, Juan Pablo!

Wow, no one has ever wished me a happy birthday in Spanish before. Thank you so much, JP πŸ˜†

Just let me know when your party is coming up. I would love to help you with the invitations. I have so much free time when the kids go home that I love to put my artistic talents to use! I think I better make the menus for you too, to tell you the truth. I’m not to sure if your human friends would like flies in salsa on the menu!

Oh my goodness, Pin the Bow tie on Mr Salsich sounds like a terrific game! You’re lucky to have such a funny teacher. I am quite fond of my teachers too but Mr Salsich does crack me up!

Adios amigo!
      Leo πŸ˜†

14. Hippip Hooray Leo πŸ˜†
    Happy 8th Birthday to you! Your party looks like it was grrrreat fun. I love playing games and eating party food too – yum, yum! I wonder what your favourite game was? I love playing pass the parcel because I can’t wait to tear open the paper and see what is inside. Woof!
    Wish I could have been there to join in the fun with you all!
    Bow wow for now,
    Ruckus the reading dog

• To my favourite canine companion, Ruckus!

I wish you could have been at my party, buddy. It was SO much fun but it just wasn’t the same without you, Juan Pablo, Panda and Quicksilver.

My favourite game was Pin the Tail on the Lion because I got to look after the prizes. You know how much I love chocolate so I hope the teachers didn’t realise there were a few missing. Shhhh 😳

Pass the Parcel is so fun! I think we should play that at the next party.

Chat soon,
      Leo

PS – hop on Skype with me and the other mascot buddies tonight if you’re around!

• Dear Paris, πŸ™‚

I also liked Leo’s party a hole lot.

What was your favourite part of Leo’s party?
      My favourite part of Leo’s party was eating all the food because it tasted SO good. πŸ™‚
      I liked the sweet food the most.

I bout nachos in to eat.
      What did you bring to eat?

Your friend,
      Haille.*** πŸ™‚

• @ Haille,

My favourite part was making Leo masks. I brought biccies and dip.
        I also liked the sweet food too.

Are you going somewhere on the holidays?

Love your bff
        Paris!

• @ Paris,

On Thursday me and my mum went to the movies, we saw Rio it is a grrrrreat movie.

Your friend,
          Haille.*** πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

15. @ 2KM and 2KJ,

On the holidays I am having a sleepover at my cousins house.

At leos birthday party I was so full when we finshed eating.My favrite game was lions and cubs.
    your friend,
    Harry

• Hi Harry, πŸ™‚

On the holidays I am going to have a Easter egg hunt.

I also liked lions and cubs it was fun.

Your friend,
      Haille.*** πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• Hi Harry, πŸ˜†

I’m going on a hoilday to Peter Burrer for four days.
      At Peter Burrer they have a pub, jumpping bolw, games, play gound and vans. 😎

At Leo’s birthday party I loved both of the games I loved lion’s and cubes the most because I liked the song Lion King and the pin the lion’s tale was good fun too. πŸ˜›

Your Friend,
      Millie and Jordi. 😳

16. Dear Leo,

A very happy birthday to you! I’m so glad you got to share it with such a wonderful class and a couple great teachers! It sounds like when you get back from your little vacation, you’ll be celebrating another birthday as well!

I do wonder though, where do lions go on vacation? Wherever it happens to be, I hope you enjoy it!

Your blogging buddy,
    Mr. Avery

• Hi Mr Avery,

I am Haille and I am in 2KJ.

I also wonder where Leo is on vacay.

Your blogging buddy,
      Haille.*** πŸ™‚

• @ Mr Avery,

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes! Oh yes, I am looking forward to Miss Jordan’s birthday. I’m not sure if she is having a party like me, but I’m sure all the boys and girls will make sure she has a special day!

Well Mr Avery, I am not going anywhere on vacation this holidays but I am going to do some research on the internet and find a nice place of a holiday next time. I am thinking about trying skiing or maybe going somewhere warm where I can learn to surf!

Your buddy,
      Leo πŸ˜†

17. Dear 2KM and 2KJ,
    Happy Birthday Leo.

I am so glad you had an awesome birthday Leo.

SnowFlake said she loved the music she danced to it.

SnowFlake was also pretending to be a lion.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

Bianca said it looked so much fun.

From your pals,
    Bianca and SnowFlake.

• Hi BB, πŸ™‚

Was SnowFlake a good dancer?
      I am sure she is. πŸ™‚

Was SnowFlake a good lion?
      I am not sure about that one.

Nice wishes,
      Haille.*** πŸ™‚

• @ BB and SnowFlake,

Thanks for your happy birthday wishes! I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you. You know how I’m such a sleepy lion!

Next time I have a party, I am definitely inviting you both!

SnowFlake, I hope you are spoiling BB on her birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIANCA!

Your buddy,
      Leo

• @ Leo,
        Nice to hear from you and I do understand you have been very busy.
        Yes I do feel like you as I love to sleep too.

Would love to come to your party nexted year now don’t forget.

As for BB I did not get a chance to spoil her because everyone else did. πŸ™
        Thanks for BB’s birthday wish too.

From your pal.
        Snowflake.

18. Dear Miss Jordan, Mrs Morris and class,

Leos Party was great fun. I loved eating all of the food the games where great fun too. There was lots to eat there it was yummy.

There was cupcakes, Savoury shapes, chips and lots more. The boys brought Sweet food and the girls brought Savoury food because at School we are learning about food this term.

I love food that is why I love leo, this term and food.

Best Wishes,
    Eb

• Hi Eb, πŸ™‚

What was your favourite savoury food at Leo’s party?
      What was your favourite sweet food at Leo party?

I liked every thing that was savoury food.
      I liked the cupcakes the most out of all the sweet food I had at Leo’s party.

Your pal,
      Haille.*** πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

19. @ Leβ™₯, 😎

Leo you have a lot of comment’s on this post! 8-o

I hope you DID NOT have to much food at your birthday party? 😳
    Did you have a great birthday party ❓ Do you like to blog in 2KM and 2KJ ❓ I love to blog every day. πŸ˜›

Your Pal,
    Jβ™₯rdi. πŸ™„

• Hi Jordi,

I hope Leo didn’t eat too much food at he’s party. πŸ™‚

I had a grrrrrrrreat day at Leo’s party and I am sure that Leo did too.

I love to blog in 2KM and 2KJ.

Did you have a good day at Leo’s birthday party.

Your friend,
      Haille.*** πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

20. @ 2KM and 2KJ,

Hi it’s Riley from 3DD.
    I heard that Leo had a big party .
    I guess Leo has lots of friends in your grade, it looks like you and Leo had lots of fun!

from Riley from 3DD

• @ Riley,

Thanks for your comment. It is always good to hear from you!

Leo sure did have a good party. We all had lots of fun with the games and delicious food!

I hope you’re having a nice holiday.

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• @ Bradley,

Thank you for your comment! We always like to hear from you.

I’m glad you liked making the lion masks. It was fun!

I hope you are having a nice holiday. I bet you’re busy with your house!

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

21. @ Paris, πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Today I went to the movies I saw Rio,it is a grrrrrrrreat movie! πŸ™‚

Your friend,
    Haille.*** πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• @ Derek,

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy now that I am eight. I feel like a real grown up lion now!

Your buddy,
      Leo

22. @ Leo,

It was a good party, I loved all the different foods. I had lots fun celebrating your birthday.

On the holidays I am going to the “Block”. I have also gone to the movies, out for lunch, seen some reptiles and went to my cousins 13th birthday party.

Sincerely,
    Jarr☀d πŸ˜†